Friday, December 9, 2011

reality drift.


I know you could hardly wait for the next issue of my best of 2011 series, couldn't you? Today let's talk about motion pictures. It is barely possible for me to watch all the current movies i am interested in. Although there are fabulous online streaming opportunities these days, i rarely find the right time, where i can concentrate enough to watch the whole movie through. I don't know what it is, but basically it proceeds like illustrated in this graphic. 


But the movies i am highly interested in, I try to watch almost exclusively at the theatre. And it turns out that my favourite ones of this year I indeed saw all of them in the theatre, with one exception (Blue Valentine, that wasn't in the program when i already desperately wanted to watch it.) 

So here is the list of my favourite movies of 2011 or should I say, all movies that deserve more attention than Melancholia. I didn't make a wall of shame for movies that have been released in 2011, but Melancholia would definitely be on it, but that is already enough talk about an irrelevant movie. 


some short thoughts about the movies:

BEGINNERS: hilarious, philosophical, sad and elusively congenial oh..and EWAN MCGREGOR!
BIUTIFUL: Javier Bardem playing a character that is both vulnerable and strong at the same time. In my opinion his most convincing and impressing role. 
THE TREE OF LIFE: imposing pictures and an impressive performance by the young actor Hunter McCracken. 
BLACK SWAN: DARREN ARONOFSKY. 'Nough said!
THE FUTURE: refreshing as one would expect another movie by quirky Miranda July.
WEEKEND: so realistic, so teasing, so heartbreaking!
BLUE VALENTINE: ouch ouch, ugh...uff...I don't know what to say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment